Kyosho Osmose 70

I bough a Kyosho Osmose 70 last year and I have to say it's possibly the nicest ARTF that I've ever flown.

There are a few minor niggles but they really are minor;

1. The covering is multi-layered and wasn't stuck down properly. I had to go over it with an iron (NOT a heat gun) and then stick all the overlaps down with Solarfilm Prymol.

2. The fuselage appeared to be twisted very slightly so that one of the wing seats had to be adjusted to get the wing dead square with the fin and stabiliser.

In-flight handling with standard digital servos and a Spektrum Rx is very, very good. The undercarriage seems to be fine, although the spats have been junked and the 2" wheels replaced with 2.75".

Power is an O.S. FL 70 which is only just enough on 10% nitro, ideally it should have something like a Saito 82. Getting the balance point far enough back with a non-pumped engine set-up is a bit of an issue, I had to install the battery (1500 mAh) at the wing trailing edge above the servos.

Overall - expensive, but worth it. Never though I'd say that about an ARTF .

I have recently bought an Osmose 2nd hand with a Saito 82a and the fuel tank set at the C of G. It has the same servos as yours and a 5 cell Rx pack. Cost £250 and is in great condition. Bargain I thought. The previous owner had about 50g of lead on the tail. I have removed this for now. I will fly for a while before I add it back if required.

Flys very well as you say.

• 1 month later...