Oversize posts and 'link' facility glitching

Pete B

Just some thoughts on posts that exceed the character limit. I made a post today that exceeded the limit. Initially it seemed to have disappeared and I assumed it had been rejected. I then split the text in two and re-posted it successfully. At that time my original post was not evident on the forum - had it appeared I would have been able to edit it. Some time later it became apparent that both threads had been posted and confusion has prevailed since then - to the extent that Timbo's gone off to watch the telly!

Might I suggest that, if there was a post 'preview' facility on the site (as on many other forums), any over-length posts could be filtered and rejected at that stage, rather than have an incomplete post appear later? It can be very frustrating to have  a lot of effort disappear into the ether!

Additionally, the link facility appeared to be working only intermittently this afternoon. On a number of occasions I received a message along the lines of:
"There is an error on the website. Please try again later" or "access to this part of the site is forbidden". Just for your information.

Pete

Advert

Oh no, it must be the beginning of the end, Phil..........I've either developed a jittery trigger finger or the connection must be pretty slow tonight! Apologies......

Pete

ps if Timbo comes looking for me, distract him with a sticky bun, please!

Yeah, hasn't been a good day, has it? Temp here in the Lot has gone from 35c yesterday to 17c today, and I still haven't sorted out the Sea Fury's electronics - 3rd different Rx now trying to get it all to work together

Pete