Twister Skylift

Alan Foss

I have recently bought a secondhand Twister Skylift Chinook which has been working perfectly, less said about the pilots skills. I recharged the 2 batteries I have the the heli, connected them up the 3-in-1 unit LED shows a RED light and not a GREEN light as shown in the instruction manual. Both batteries are fully charged. I can operate the Cyclic control stick and there is movement, but on operation of the Throttle/Yaw stick there is nothing.

All help or ideas would be most appreciated.

Advert

NOW THIS

Transmitter settings are as follows:
(Mode 2)

1. The Servo Reverser all set at normal
2. Throttle in low position
3. Trims all in centre position
4. Both XTAL are correctly fitted

now when battery fitted the 3-in-1 control unit LED flashes green and red and the rotor motors start of their own accord, also the pushrods move of their own accord. This has now gone from the red LED no movement to all movement without using the TX.

Help, new to this game and model.

Hello Alan. Make sure that both the throttle stick and the trim lever are at low throttle setting (both fully down) before you connect the battery. Then, when you connect the battery, leave the heli standing level for a few seconds without touching it or the transmitter sticks to allow the system to bind and the gyro to set itself. You won't get any response from the yaw function, as this stick increases and decreases the motor speed to make the heli yaw, so they need to be running first.
Hope this helps...

Ummm.....I remember I had to replace the 3 in 1 unit on mine because it suddenly decided to stop working the servos, although the motors worked normally. Maybe the 3 in 1 has developed a fault...I take it you don't have anyone near by who could look at this for you, as it is often easier to identify problems with the thing in front of you...