DX7 - glider four servo wing set up

Peewhit

Hi folks,
Have a Spektrum DX7 Tx and am looking to get my first "mouldie" slope soarer which will have separate flaps and ailerons with a four servo wing.
Am trying to get my head around the required programming with little success.
I would like to have the three position flap switch operating the flaps for normal, thermal and speed settings, and use the throttle lever for crow braking (flaps down and ailerons up).
Ideally (although not essential) some up aileron is also required for the speed setting.
Assuming that I would need a seven channel Rx (AR7000) as it has an AUX 2 channel which seems to be required for programmable mixes.
Any advice as to which servos plug into which channel and what programmable miixes to use would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Peter

Advert

I have a very similar setup on one of my slopers. I use the AR7000 Rx, but shall have to check my Tx settings to remind myself exactly what is programmed. Incidentally, I also modified my Tx throttle stick to have a small notch in the central position, this gives more positive feeling to knowing which side of "normal" the sick is position as I have it set so that high activates the ailerons as spoilers, and low sets them down as flapperons when the flight mode switch is set to "land" - in normal flight mode, the throttle stick merely applies a small amount of reflex in one position, or camber in the other IYSWIM.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 03/09/2009 11:04:11

So what if --
Left aileron to aile port,
Right aileron to Aux 2
Both flaps to gear using y-lead.

Set gear servo travel to zero - disables gear switch.

Prog mix 5 Aileron to Aux 2 - enables both ailerons and trim function should work.
Use servo travel adjustment on Aile and Aux 2 for aileron differential.

Prog mix 6 Flaps to Gear - enables flaps (on gear channel) from 3 position flap switch.
Set flap travel for normal, thermal and speed with elevator compensation.

Set inbuilt Elevator to Flap mix - enables snap flap.

For crow braking using throttle stick -
Prog mix 1 Throttle to Flaps - flaps down.
Prog mix 2 Throttle to Aile - left aileron up
Prog mix 3 Throttle to Aux 2 - right aileron up
Prog mix 4 Throttle to elevator - elevator compensation.

What I am unsure about is with prog mix 2 throttle to Aile (left aileron)
and prog mix 5 Aile to Aux 2 (right aileron), will the throttle stick then move the right aileron in the wrong direction (down) for crow, and will prog mix 3 throttle to aux 2 (right aileron) conflict with or over-ride this?