Spektrum DX7SE - trainer

Russ1974

Hi,

Apologies for posting in two places, I have asked this question in the "beginner" section (because I am one) but have just found this dedicated Spektrum area.

I was just about to order myself a DX7se (Special Edition) but noted this statement in the specifications;

"Note: the trainer function has been removed from the DX7se"

... can anybody ellaborate on what this means?  Does it mean I cannot "buddy" with another remote / plug in to a simulator?

Thanks,
Russ.

Advert

Already pretty much been answered above, but just to confirm ... today I took a drive over to a local(ish) model retailer today where they had the DX7se in stock, but no "standard edition".  I figured as long as I could still hook up to a simulator and buddy, but not have a trainer switch to teach others, it's no big deal as it'll be a long time before I am able to teach.

I spoke to the guy at the desk, seemed to know his stuff, but also was not sure of the extent to which the trainer function had been removed on th special edition.  So he opened one up and was as stunned as I was to see not just no trainer switch, but no trainer plug socket.  Where the socket normally is, was just a blanking plate.  So the se will not buddy in either direction, has no trainer switch, and will not hook up to a simulator.  Hopefully this information will be useful for others considering this model !

Russ.