DSX9 and AR6000 - mixing using two aileron servos

winchweight

I can't recall how to do this. I have one servo in the aileron channel and the other in the flap channel. The plan is to configure the ailerons to work in the normal way, but to have the option of flaperons / spoilers for braking.

How do I do this?

I have set prog mix 1 with the aileron channel as the master for the two aileron servos, but the one in the flap channel is travels far less than the one in the aileron channel.

I assume I need a second prog mix to operate the pair as flaps, using the flap servo as the master?

Advert

You could just set the wing configuration to flapperons, then go back and make sure the flap settings are all set to zero (up, down and mid etc). This will then mix your servos for you without having to set up any mixes. The other bonus is you can play around with the flap settings as well if the mood takes you.

Regards,

Simon

Shaun, as per Simon, there is an inbuilt function for this and you don't need any mixes.

In the wing type function, set  Flaperon to ON which enables the ailerons to be used as flaps as well (flaperons).

Note that the servo travel adjustment will then adjust only the throw of one servo (aileron or flap channel) and to adjust both at the same time for aileron differential, you need to use the aileron dual rate function.

Go into the Input Select function and make sure that the flap setting is on System.
You can then set the 3-positon flap switch to operate the ailerons as flaps - middle for normal, down for down (thermal) and up for up (spoilerons). You can also set any necessary elevator compensation.
Note that the default setting for "down" is 100% so you will have to change it.

Hope this helps