Limbo Dancer Electric Conversion

Dave Y

Hey all,

I'm considering an electric conversion of my Limbo Dancer - currently use an Enya 25 to train with.

Has anyone done an electric conversion of one of these?

Can anyone recommened a motor? (pref Giantcod!)

I'm wondering if I can get away with using a 3S pack or would I have to move to 4S?

I'm not looking for amazing performance - just the equivalent of my 25, maybe a bit more, would be fine for now.

Advert

hello dave-there is a member of our club who has done an electric version of the limbo dancer-as reguards what he has in-i dont know for certain--i would imagine that something like a 500-700 watt motor will be needed....and a 3,4000 3 cell lipo...

i had the ic version with a 40/2st in which was excellent-so i would think with the above that will tick the box's for you-check out BRC hobbies-they have some good priced motor's which will do......good luck  ..

ken anderson...........

Hmm maybe something like this?

Or this for a bit more power?

I guess with the power 32 I could use 3S for the moment and move to 4S for more performance later on. That would just mean changing the prop and battery?

Would this be powerfull enough?

Bit cheaper than the eflite motors!

Edited By Dave Y on 26/10/2009 11:11:04

Edited By Phil Wood - Moderator on 26/10/2009 12:55:16

The GC one looks fine. Peak current is only 36A but if you prop it for say 30A, then on a 3s lipo ( 10.5V ) thats about 300Watts. Your 25 IC would really need to be closer to 500Watts to be equivalent, depends on the AUW of your finished model.
The E flite 32 on 3s could still produce hogh power, just prop up abit, and as you say, if you go to 4s, either expect a lot more power, or prop down and enjoy the lower current and higher RPM and duration of the 4s voltage.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 26/10/2009 13:43:33

Posted by Dave Y on 26/10/2009 14:33:30:
I'm guessing the motor will run hotter if I use 3S and prop up?
It's hard to know which way to go.
If I go 4S maybe this motor will do Giantcod 50A - 600W on 4S (again cheaper than the eflite).

Is battery cost the only disadvantage of 4S in this case?

You cant prop up any higher than the maximum curent that the motor can take... absolute max 35A. This is irrespective of the battery used...its current that kills motors not voltage.
Your 600wattt motor link is dead.
Yes, battery cost...and weight.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 26/10/2009 15:53:05