wayward tail on a raptor

Martyn Perks

Anybody got any thoughts on the erratic behaviour of the tail on my raptor 30? When in smart lock mode sat in the hover it is initally stable, then it atarts oscillating left to right building up rapidly out of control. adjusting the gain (CSM420) has no effect and when in conventional mode all is well and the machine is quite flyable, just a little shiver from the tail in fast forward flight. The gyro is new, the tail servo is a hi tec digital and the machine hasn't been crashed...yet. Have been flying for some years now and have run out of ideas, as i have no problems with other machines. Any thoughts?

Advert

Hi
have you tried this compo before as i would say that the servo isnt fast enough for that gyro
as servo is just a standard high torgue one not a fast digital servo
so this will cause the gyro to over work the servo and so start the oscillation

rob

have just looked up the servo on servo shop 
and this servo isnt fast enough for that gyro you need it about 0.08 seconds to 60 deg where this servo is 0.18 sec which is 2 times slower
try this servo Hitec HS-7966HB this is 0.08 to 60 deg @ 4.8v that should be fine

Edited By Robert Bromwich on 11/11/2009 16:39:44

Edited By Robert Bromwich on 11/11/2009 16:43:47

money is always involved  but have a good look around first i.e ebay etc for cheaper servos also if you are thinking about a digital servo just check that the gyro can use them first which i think it can but please double check as will not work if it doesnt

i will have a look around for standard size digital servo for u and post them on here if i find any cheapish one

rob