unbalanced Ali spinner

Hi all
Have a good one hope someone can help me with i have just completed Tonys Nijhuis Typhoon and to get the weight forward thought i would put a 4in Ali spinner on it anyway got everything on and connected the batterys only to find that there was loads on vibration which damaged the motor mount
So after fixing and adding some strength to the mount thought i would try it without the cone on the front and everything was fine nice and straight with loads of power.
So back on went the cone and on went the power but the same again loads of vibration !!
so to my point i thought these Ali spinners were balanced ? if they are then mine isnt
Is there a way on balancing these ? otherwise going to have to add weight and use the plastic cone

Rob

Advert

I have had several, including a large ali spinner on an IC spit. It too needed balancing. I use a Great Planes magnetic balancer, and if its out, I enlarge the cutout where the prop blades sit, on the hevay side. Sometimes this is either not quite enough or in the exact right spot that the weight is needed /removed, so on the last one ( the spit ) I added blutack to the inside of the cone near the perimeter on the inside. Weighed the blu tack, and then usd epoxy of the equivalent weight to replace it. I also drilled small holes in the backplate at various spots to remove weight in places. Has worked perfectly for sevral years.

Edited By Timbo - Administrator on 05/12/2009 12:05:44

have two.
Nothing that wrong with the post really, a couple of minor ones but nowt worth editing.

Talkin' of the spullchigger - it does work you know....all one needs to do is hover your cursor over any part of the text as you are typing the post, and right click. This brings up a menu including spell checker. Move down to and click it....  words are now highlighted and right clicking them gives you alternatives...American of course, but hey ho.

Thanks Timbo for the help i will have a look at it ,but at the moment i have just gone with the plastic cone and added the extra weight in (hate doin that) but i havent maidened it yet so not bothered for the test flight .

beacause of the extra weight which in all is about 360g i have a good starting point for my next plan using A123 cells which hopefully will take all, if not most of the weight out

many thanks rob