Power train

Hi,
Help please with a problem!I have been powering a small chuck model with a BM2403-21 Bell type powered by a Tornado 2S 1200 with a APC 7x5 E... The problem is a few seconds after launch the power fades If I run the model in my hand this does not happen ! Ideas anyone please
Cheers
John

Advert

Check the circlip that holds the motor shaft inside the magnets.

If this is sitting a long way proud of the back of the motor, you may find that the thrust pulls the magnets sufficiently far forward to reduce the power, or muck up the motor connections.

Is the motor a pusher or tractor?

I use this combo with 8 nicad cells in sheet-winged speed 400 type models and it works well, and gives these models a good turn of speed.

Jetsome's point about being in top gear is also spot on, and with "only" 2s lipos, you may not be spinning the prop fast enough for it to "bite".

AlistairT
PS - If you've bent the motor shaft in the past, even if you've bent it back, the motor will not work as well as it should (don't ask me.....). New ones cost peanuts and are easy to install;

http://www.bphobbies.com/pdf/bp/BPMotorDisassembly.pdf

• 3 years later...