Walkera 60/ Futaba 6EX help

Lee Bentley

HELP,
I have a Walkera 60 heli that hasn’t flown for over a year now since the second motor failed in flight, anyway, I have decided to resurrect this so have done a couple of mods ie upgraded to brushless and ripped out the supplied useless radio stuff and fitted a Futaba fasst rx . Transmitter is a 6EX.

This is where my problems started, following the recommended settings according to the Futaba instructions, no matter what I do I can’t get the  elevator servo to mix properly with pitch. Ailerons will work independently as does the elevator, but apply pitch the ailerons go up OK but the elevator servo moves down. Reversing the elevator servo is not an option as this then will not work properly as an elevator ie. Reversed!

Has anyone here fitted a Futaba radio to a Walkera 60. I need to get this working as I’ve ordered a TREX 450se and the servo layout I believe is the same.

Have a happy new year

Lee  (sunny France)

Edited By Lee Bentley on 26/12/2009 10:33:27

Advert

Problem resolved, I had to fiddle with Reverse and Swash settings to get the right combination, so if any one else comes up with same query, here are the settings that work for me and are dependant on what make the servos are,

Servo reverse.

#1 nor
#2 rev
#3 rev
#4 nor
#5 nor
#6 rev

SWASH set to 3-S

CH-A  +50%
CH-E  -50%
CH-P  +50%

Lee