Cosford 2007

Fantastic photos! I have been out of modeling for a few years and remember the guys from Birmingham who built a huge Lancaster and also a Concorde this would be back in the eighties when we could only dream of pure jets and someone was experimenting with something called ducted fans. Even then everything was hit and miss but here and now it seems very matter of fact. I think reliability has obviously improved enormously.
Good on ya, best wishes from Oz

Advert

The pics from the Cosford Meeting are absolutely awesome. Coming from a background of r/c flying when you had a dirty great box with a spade earth you had to jab into the ground, valves in the box and HUGE batteries; all this new stuff is absolutely mind=boggling. Too bad I had to return home from a visit to the UK before this w/end.

I'll continue to drool over the pics,
Robin Stobbs

• 2 weeks later...
Yes the pictures are awesome and so too the aircraft.
Many are VERY large and this is where I feel I am going to put my point at the risk of getting a hail of flack.
I am totaly against any sort of public gathering when this sort of sized models are being flown. Static yes. flying no.
Sooner or later we are going to have a very serious accident - There have been too many close shaves allready and no one has learnt - and it will not reflect very well on our sport.
I am not going to class the builder/flyers of these models as egomaniacs but if they want to build them then fly them safely away from public spectators.

Putting flame suit on.