Docile Delta

• 6 years later...
Advert

Hi Thomas, sorry about the late reply but have only just read your post. I have been flying a Docile Delta for about 20 years on and off with an OS 45F running with a 10x8 pusher prop and it goes like stink. If you throttle back it slows right down almost to walking pace due to the thick wing section. I have given some tought to going electric with a big outrunner motor with suitable battery but the model would be heavier and flying time would be very limited compared to an 8 oz tank of methanol. This model does not have any bad vices and is a delight to fly and is a real crowd pleaser when I turn up with it and fly it (hand launch by the way) and the noise from the prop tip vorticies hitting the twin fins makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Les

There's nothing like a welcome to a new member, is there? wink 2teeth 2

Hi Leslie, welcome to the forum!

As you can see, there wasn't much of a response to the OP but with John Melia enthralling us with his Force 1 Delta at present, I imagine the format might have tickled the interest of one or two other forumites. I can't find the plan listed in the Plans Service although one seems to have been sold on Ebay back in July this year.

At 56" span it seems an impressive size - do you have any pics?

Pete

As a follow-up to my reply to Thomas I should have asked the modelers out there what prop I should be using, I have been using a 10x8 pusher but it seems to rev too hard and takes a while to pick up speed. I have been told to try a 11x6 pusher to get more acceleration and bring the revs down a bit, what do you think? Thanks in advance, Les