Hangar 9 Saratoga 40 ARF

Phil 9

Advert

It is a shame how HH have priced this. It is basically the Pulse XT 40, with a shoulder wing, but over £50 more expensive!!

It is more expensive than the Piper Pawnee, which is a bigger model (80" WS), and this has far more scale detailing i.e. moulded canopy, cockpit interior, wing struts, flaps...

If only it were more reasonably priced, I am sure there would be more of these flying.

The Graupner Caravelle is a similar planform, but without open cockpit, trike undercarriage etc... also has a 2-piece wing. Also much cheaper!!

the Caravelle is also a very nice model.

But if I bought every ARTF model i liked I would need to buy a full size hangar to put them in.

I have a few artf now but I have decided to build any new models. Either from a kit or from scratch. For one you can just buy one one a whim and once built I think you will tend to want to keep it for a longer time. The ARTF's are wonderfull but it to easy just to change them as you would do with your clothing.

I like the shoulder wing style of the Caravelle and Saratoga and thing it will suit my flying skills.

I would love a kit in this style but have not been able to find one.

Paul,s point about cost is a very valid one. But as things are to build my own from a kit would work out to be even more expensive than the Saratoga.

I am currentlt building a Super Chipmunk kit and I would hate to add up the cost of materials and tools I have bought for it. An ARTF version (there is one from great planes) would be a lot cheeper

But I do get enjoyment from building as well as flying