HAN173 Trainer adaptor leads

Clive Matthews

Hexham Model Flying Club recently bought a HAN173 trainer lead and a HAN174  adaptor. We found that many new flyers were arriving at the club with Spektrum radios (a situation with which we are entirely happy with and support) whilst some of the instructors are flying Futaba. 

UK prices from Horizon Hobby are surprisingly steep, especially compared to US prices. However we felt that buying the approved item was sensible bearing in mind the cost of transmitters.

Do they work? Well yes, but with some reservations. You can't just plug them in in any order. The instructions must be followed to the letter otherwise it won't work. This fiddlyness does lead to a loss of confidence in the product. The biggest disappointment is that the lead does not work with the DX6i. Apparently this TX does not have a PPM output - do they work with simulators I wonder? The DX6i buddys up with the DX9 ok but doesn't pass over any settings.The DX9 and DX7 work fine with a Futaba TX but the Futaba has to be set up to match throws and direction. For this reason, using this set up with any mixing involved would be impracticable. The JR/Spektrum TX must always be the master and the Futaba the slave. The lead will also allow JR/Spektrum to JR/Spektrum use.

Hope this info is of value to someone. 

• 1 year later...
Advert