Seagull 63

Stephen Grigg

I bought this model about 18 months ago,put it together and fitted a rather large electric motor from my first build aDagostini Spitfire I was going to convert to electric.Its aJP outrunnerC5020-14 670RPM/V Brushless powered by a  5C 25C 18. 5 V3900mAh (5S1P)25c continuos97amp 50C Bursts 194 ampLipo.When completed the C of G showed a very Nose Heavy model.So its been sitting in my bedroom ever since.The other evening I worked out the Space Walker didnt weigh much more than the E - pioneer I had.This evening some delving around found the Pioneer motor aHi Model Purple from BRC the sp controller and battery,a Rhino$c 3700 20C 14.8 volt.The combined weight saving is 250 grams .Ive fitted the motor and have a small amount of work to make it flight ready.Im hoping tomorrow I can check the C of G and see how things have improved.The future will then see what can be purchased as a home for the Spit Motor

Advert

Sorry  Stephen missed this one I took the plung and brought one in the end went to the LMS (chanel 4 models in bournmouth ) got it for a really good price, this is a lot of kit for the money i will be puting a e-max 2820/7 up froant with a 3s 5000 mAh  lipo  and at least i will be able to see it.

Martyn

I agree with that Martyn,Mine is closer to being ready to fly than its been for 18 months ,Just need to decide which speed controller.Probably a 60amp it was using in the Pioneer.I know I have it programmed correctly to the motor.I did have problems with it but programmed it with a programme card and that cured its problems

I am hoping to get most of it done this weekend, hopefully someone can pick the bits up from the post office I've ordered for it. and fly next weekend however i need to play carefully its, my wedding anniversary on Sunday so might have to go out somewhere
however small price to pay for 32 years of wedded bliss   i will update you of any progress

Martyn