cougar 2000 c of g

ady

hi all , hope every one is well , i`ve put my cougar 2000 back together , this time electric , 4s , turnigy motor , etc , but i can`t remember where i had my centre of gravity , i`ve done the 1/3 of the wing trick where its 1/2 inch further back , has anyone a book they can look in please , cheers ady 

Advert

cool bit of kit to work out the c of g , thanks , the motor is a 3542-1100 on a 10/6 prop , runs at 38amps flat out , 543watts according to my meter , the 4s batt is a old 5350 i was given , it hangs very easy in my hand , will try a 11/6 prop too , results posted when shes flown , hopefully this coming weekend , one thing tho , i may try a e-flite 32 on a 11/6 as the turnigy has had a hard life , cheers ady

had several great flights this morning , flew straight off the deck with very little trim required , considering its a cheapo motor , a 11/6 nitro prop and a old li-po she flew spot on , a ten min flight put back 3500 into the pack , and thats with prop hanging at the end too , been flyin heli`s lots lately and to be able to relax with the cougar was perfect , now i wanna buy a better motor n electric prop , brc-hobbies have a 46 size brushless for £29 which i`ll put a 12/6 e prop on , cheers , a happy ady 

Been gradually moving my one's CG back and back.....still have not got it back where I want it..............the "manual" is very very conservative........to get it any further back now I'll have to move the servos or use ballast, which I hate doing.

(My one having an Irvine 39 Fun Fly engine)

• 1 year later...