New Foamy Wot 4 by Ripmax

DAVID CLIFFORD

Probably had about 30-50 cycles.

It's the first itme I have used it with the new motor (see earlier in thread) recommended to replace the existing one. Maybe it draws too much power for the 40a esc. I didn't check how hot it was- so that could be it. I think I need to experiment bit including trying a new battery.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

I flew with another battery (same make/spec/age) and no problems.

Can't work out why the faulty liPo is not working properly as its not been used more than 25 times. On the meter it shows 4.14 4.18 4.20 after a blanace charge - I have similar readings for my 'good' LiPo so assume although they are not all the same this is still OK.

Anyway, at end of flight I crashed so now i'm looking for a replacement shaft for my Giant Cod XYH35-36 1050kv 25a outrunner- not having much luck at moment as GC are out of stock (as usual)

Alan

Posted by Alan Moore on 25/08/2013 11:11:07:

Thanks for the tip. I have been charging at 0.5A for the last three hours and it has made no difference. I will try the LiPo one last time but looks like I may have to buy a new one.

Alan

Hi Alan, i have a nearly new (2 weeks old and used 3 times ) Overlander 2200 3s 30c you can have, ive mainly using 4 to 6 cells now so its just sitting here, pm me you're address and i'll send you it, its got Deans connectors .

Happy flying,

Scotti

• 2 weeks later...

Eventually got battery back to 4.18, 4.19, 4.19.

Just flew this evening and within 2 mins battery had started to loose its umph. Got it back on ground, opened up to full (holding on to tail) and battery just died away. Putting battery back on meter I got 4.14, 4.15, 4.15- which seems to be balanced and about the right reading for a battery thats been used only for 2- minutes.

Seems very strange as gauging by voltage alone theres nothing wrong with the LiPo.