HANGER 9 CORSAIR SET UP

nick holmes

hy guys ,helped my mate run up his new sc 91 in his new hanger 9 ARTF corsair afer two tanks its freeing off nicley,so we switched to setting control throws ,and we found the aerilons have { following the manual } more down movement than up ,er reverse differential if you like ,now ive been away from modelling for twelve years so i may be missing something here ,is this normal to have more down than up and if so that is the reason ,i no normal differential is for reducing drag on the higher wing in turns to help the tail follow and reduce the need for rudder imputs,

Advert

You definitely need more up than down with aileron differential. The down-going aileron creates more drag so the differential compensates.

First thing is to make sure the mechanics are correct.  The servo horn should be at 90deg to its body at neutral and the hinge point of the aileron horn should be exactly on the hinge line of the control surface. If either of these are off then differential will result.

Presumably it is a programmable Tx. Make sure trims are all centred (checking servo horn remains at 90deg) then go into the menu, set up for two servo operation (depends on the make) and once done, you should have a differential mix somewhere in the menu. which will allow you to set it up.

Pete

ps many better modellers on this forum than I so don't follow me blindly 

Ah yes, Nick, I've just downloaded the manual and it's a typo error. On the high rates it should read 11/16" up and 9/16" down. I must say on my sort of model I tend to go for a bit more differential, something like 2/3 up, 1/3 down but I'm sure warbirds aren't quite that 'agricultural'!

Pete