Ripmax Gangster 63 ARTF

Kelly

Advert

• 3 months later...
By great good fortune, I've just managed to buy a Gangster 75 kit in pristine condition from a kind chap who just had not got round to building it. There is a Gangster 75 at my club which I have flown and which impressed me mightily. It has a lovely colour scheme but I feel that I should not just copy it as it will betray a lack of initiative on my part (oh how true) but I would be grateful if others could post pictures of their Gangster colour schemes regardless of the size of the aircraft. Top and bottom surface would be great.

Thanks in anticipation of loads of Gangster pictures!

• 2 months later...
Hi Jim

I see you have a gangster , have been flying my gangster 63 now for app 18 yrs with s/t 75 on 12x8 prop,goes like stink ,one of the best engines i have owned,have never touched needle in over 280 flights,
Hows your Toot still going?have aquired one from Bill Baker just fitted my other s/t 75 in
it to see how it compares with my other laser 90 powered Toot,
what engines in your gangster?

Barry

Barry,

Nice to hear from you,I now have an OS55ax in the Gangter,Yeee Haaa, its magic,Last count in the hanger there were 26 models hanging up and I reach for the Gangster every time , real pleasure to fly and so predictable.

No probs seeing that Gangster in the air,great scheme.

The Toot, retro fitted my OS 120fs last year and due to this and that it has never been fired up,Hopefully if the weather improves i'll give it a wizz.

stay cool

Jim

• 8 months later...

Well there we go I started building again 4 years ago after a 40 year break,my best moment to date is seeing an own design fly as straight as an arrow,now pensioned off. At present building a DB Moth Cirrus, nothing to beat passing the time when your retired.. By the way I bought a 63 Gangster built but uncovered at the Nats. I never really learnt to fly 40 years ago, you had to build then and see how cheap everything is now in 1970a model gear and radio Futaba M would cost you £250. I would have been sorry to see the ARTF,s arrive as the only way I could afford the hobby was to build a kit and sell it through the shop and get 2 kits in return.I marvel at some of the new ARTF,s, CNC cutting and the Chinese ladies can't half cover.. Never mind everyone to his own. I confess I cannot build the way I did,the eye sight the steady hands and the memory all take their toll.

You know when your retired its a win win win situation. satisfaction is derived from building,from flying some exercise and get out with a few like minded friends and drink as much tea as fly.

Bit like sex really everything takes you longer but remember that life is a sexually transmitted terminal illness.

• 3 years later...