Dortmund INTERMODELLBAU

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

Hi Chris thanks,

I suspect from Davids Nuremberg report in the mag nothing new? The new Multiplex funjet was going like hotcakes though along with Jpower AMX's in the aircraft section! There were some nice GFK models from Simprop and Staufenbiel! "Hotliners"  but 800 bucks a pop I moved swiftly along to the next stand! I walked in there hoping to grab a bargin or something but I did not spend a penny on anything (except a bratwurst of course) gutted! Tempting as things were I could not justify the need, it was great to see models in the flesh though! the Staufenbiel turbo raven looks really nice and might be on the to do list!

The Walkera helios were selling by the dozzen for 199 Euro with the whole package on 2,4 Tx, lippos, alu case and the works! Again tempting! I must save for my turbinre LOL!

Great day and experience, 8 halls and thousands of people with everything model related under the sun!

Ya window shopped! Sad hey! i wont tell what i had my hands on..... I got 3 things up my sleeve and pending on deciscion! The Aero-naught Pc-21 is the dogs but at 800 bucks for a airframe !!! A Falcon 120 for 200Euro makes a good substitude for a BVM bobcat? The Horizon stand had a Pitts S12 model in it called "The Beast" and yes it looked like the beast too spanning prob in the 2m + range and it looked really healthy! Not for sale but show!

My shopping basket was intended for a Thunder Tiger (I know) Seafury in the racing scheme this but Staufenbiel did not bring any kits along with them! David the B-25 is impressive as its covered in aluminium too! The Jug Miester is HUGE and simply awesome! The Concorde was a must see! I must say it was packed and getting photos was difficult! Whilst the volcano ash cuts boarders at least you know life still goes on!

• 11 months later...