Events

Dave Wilson

Just been looking through the events list and noticed that nearly all events are down south. I could only find a couple up here, one in Stoke and one near Darlington, both at few hours drive away from where I live :-( It looks like all the fun is in the south. The only real event up here in Lancashire is in September at the Southport Air show. RC Modleres always put on a fantastic display and I look foward to this years event.
So why do we not have more events up here? Just because we have Flat Cap/Knotted Hanky, string vest, braces and clogs. Speak in a funny accent an still on black/white telly, does not mean that we can't have as much fun as you lucky southeners (we ave a good giggle on 't' donkeys on blackpool beach). Maybe it's that I am new to the hobby and not known where to look for events up here? Who knows? Might be better just moving down to where all the fun is :-)
Dave

Advert

what about woodvale, york, and a few others which escape me right now ?
Also arguably the two best shows of all season both occur bang smack inthe middle so softy southerners, and flat capped northeners have an equal distance to travel
Cosford and Weston Park of course.
By the way Dave....what happened to the pictures you promised us we could laugh at :)

Hellow again Timbo :-)
thanks for the tip
Will be looking out more for events, it would be nice to meet some of the members if poss (and get away frome 'She who MUST be obayed' Stll not cleard the shed so she can have her kitchen back.)
As for pics... I have just had an email from Robin Tapp. Unfotunatly the time I was uploading them was the time they was having problems so I will be uploading them in the morning as well as some of the DH Mosquito I have started.
Now back 't' me tripe an onion suppur with a couple 'o' black puddin on 't' side ;-)

dave
there are now only 3 shows to speak of down south as you say when i say south i mean south of watford. short of hastings, southern model show and wings and wheels (250mile round trip) everything is ooop north. cosford, weston, woodvale, yorkshire air spec. blackpool, southport, longhorsley, to name but a few each will mean 350mile round trip minimum.
so to me the show's are all oop north
nasa

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to dave for starting this one off, i've been on the lookout for a few local shows this year after a return to flying. And here was me also thinking everything was all London and further south.

Don't be making fun of us northerners, i'm in Middlesbrough and we only just got electricity last week!

• 3 weeks later...
New to North of the Border (Ayrshire) and returning to flying after a 25 year break - marked lack of model shops locally. Have joined what appears to be an excellent local club (Warrix) but also appears to be lack of events this far North - No doubt ( hopefully) I will be corrected.

Peter

Peter, have a look at the SAA site, most of this years events are on it. We have nothing to compare to the big English events, as mentioned, population (dense or not) has something to do with it. See you at some of the ones we have, Splash-in at Loch Earn then Machrihanish funfly. We make up for lack of numbers by being such nice guys.