Fast Electric Wing?

Have been flying combat wings for a few years but am now looking for an electric wing. Ideally i want something brushless and fast and preferably RTF. Am having a bit of trouble finding anything available in the UK. Does anyone know where i might be able to get something RTF? If not i dont mind building one but would need some info on motors and esc etc.

Advert

I have a Slipstream EBX  1 metre EPP wing from Flyingwings (one of the shopping partners on this site) which in its original brushless form was unlimited vertical but I have modded mine with carbon fibre and a bigger motor so it's a real screamer.
I'm sure that if you give them a phone they would be able to do an EBX RTF deal for you.

I have actually contacted flyingwings as i've had serveral wings from them in the past (Combatwings, which they no longer stock) and always found the build quality great but they no longer seem to offer RTF on the website which is a shame.

What parts are used on yours? Am not clued up on whats good and whats not when it comes to brushless wings (more of a heli person). If i have a parts list i might just get the Slipstream 1 metre kit and build my own

Edited By Pete Ford on 28/04/2010 16:56:38

How does this sound...

Slipstream 1 Metre Electric Builders Kit

EBX Power system
JP Energ 3000kv 400 brushless motor
APC 5.5 x 4.5 propeller and adaptor
40A Brushless Speed controller
Connecting correllie type connectors fitted

Hitec HS82MG
HiModel 2250mah S3 Lipo
Either 35mhz or 2.4Ghz (depending on which TX i decide to use)

Edited By Pete Ford on 28/04/2010 17:09:45

Pete,  Flying Wings do say on this page EBX RTF  they have something for everyone hence my suggestion you phone them.
Anyway here's my setup:-

Motor - Giantcod Keda KB28-47-11S 3600kv 38A

ESC - Castle Creations Phoenix 45

Batt - Hyperion LVX 3S 2500mah

Servos - Hitec HS82MG

Prop - APC 4.5x4.5

Receiver - MZK Penta Profi 35Mhz

Winglets and spine - 1mm carbon fibre plate.

Leading edges 'hardened' with Carbon fibre strip inserts. (for cutting through trees)

Cross posted while I was sussing out my bits - your selection will do the business AOK

Edited By Wingman on 28/04/2010 17:46:41