Rougham 2010

Went to Rougham last Sunday. The weather was atrocious, rained all day and windy too so there was nothing flying. It was so bad that I spent all morning looking at the trade stands.

This years show was bigger than I remember. I came home with three things - a Sky 40 kit from SLEC, a Cirrus Moth kit from DB Sport & Scale and a cold from getting soaked.

Should have gone on Saturday instead.

Did anybody else come home with some new toys?

Advert

I came away with a cheap Lander panther .

Luckily I went on the Saturday. The weather and the flying was first class. The Dawn Patrol boys put up a swarm of WW1 stuff - brilliant! Ali strutted his stuff with is 'hovering' jet - awesome! All the flyers put on a great show and there were many trade stands to wander around.

Must admit though my heart went out to all those who stayed over for the Sunday - the flyers and the traders. A cold, very windy and wet airfield is not the best place to be. Lets hope next year we have two good days!

Unfortunately my brother and I went on the dreaded Sunday and we got there early so were one of the first in. The trade show was only partially open and most were debating about packing up and going home. However, I was not going to leave empty handed so purchased an E-Flite Blade Msr helicopter and a gallon of fuel. First time we decided to go to this show, can't help the weather so will give it another try next time but will make sure that I check the forecast for the day before driving all the way there for 30 mins, it did not represent good value for money.