New Flying Club in Essex - Flambirds Model Flying Association

BB

New Members Invited.

A new flying club has been formed in Essex called 'Flambirds Model Flying Association'.  The flight line is set in farm land near South Woodham Ferrers in Essex.

The club is BMFA affilliated.  And normal bmfa codes of practice apply.

Catering for  I.C. / Electric, fixed wing & Heli pilots.  Gas turbines are also welcome.

Flying is 365 days a year 0900 - 2000 hrs. (Some restrictions may apply)

2.4Ghz Transmitters only.

For further (fuller) details please contact Chas Day:

Tele: 01268-730123
Mob: 07940273940

Flying starts from 26th June this year (2010)

To answer your query David, the answer is NO the AMFC is still a good club and I have been a member of it for over twenty years, without trying to take sides lets just say that there was some disagreement within the club from some members who have decided to go it alone and form a new flying club using land provided by AMFC's old landlords. AMFC now forms part of the Stow Maries airfield musuem site which is restoring the old airfield back to it's former glory of the 1917's era. The decision of the new club to only fly 2.4g is a very sensible one and provided both clubs operate within their designated airspace should not cause any problems, so it is always nice to see the emergence of a new club and I wish them well in this venture. Pre 2.4g would have made this impossible for obvious reasons, AMFC has been on this site for over 35 years and with the continued support of the new airfield owners will continue to fly from the site.

Thanks Boss,

I agree that 2.4 is the only way to go (well, apart from the old fashioned channel splits of course).

I'm glad AMFC is still good and strong - as I say, I was in it back in '86/87 and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.  

Good luck to both parties.

That restoration of Stow Maries seems intriguing!