Pulse xt 40

Advert

Like Allan I like the 60 especially with good length flights and quite a stable presence in the air  - It is a personal preference for the 40 which you can get walking for a landing.

I do like all the Pulse XT series and I've tried 60, 40 and 25 I think it is a really good model and the kit - being Hangar 9 is great too.

You haven't made a mistake but you'ld like it as well.

An e flight power 60 is about £95 then you need a 60 amp ESC about £70 (for the recomended e flight one) and at least one 6s lipo just to fly. but for a good day out you need at least 2 batteries and 3 is better that means no waiting around for a charge.

a giant cos 6s battery is about £80

it soon adds up Timbo.

Can you set me up for a lot less? I am all ears Timbo I know your the expert when it come to this.

Sorry I have hijacked this thread a little from a xt40 to an xt60 but Timbo you have caught my attention and would like some more info.

even so motor £28 esc £34 battery £67 x 2 = £196 still not for off my original estimate.

Having said that I am more than tempted.

I have had electric on small models but this is different. would you reccomend a seperate battery for the servos? if so can you point me in the right direction how to wire it up

Well as i said, you could get away with one battery at 5c chargeable rate - and buy another later out of the next pocket money
Yes, separate power for the radio, ( I much prefer a UBEC to a separate battery )
Simply wire the £4 UBEC main leads to the ESC input leads, and then when you connect the battery up, it powers the UBEC ( which feeds the radio ) at the same time.
Easy peasy.
Prop?
Depends on flying style, but I would experiment with a few around the 16 x 10E size - get one either side of that too, and use a wattmeter to check power.

The motors are "turnigy" and often evoke strong feelings from some folk who just dont think they are up to the job. I can only speak from personal experience ( and frankly only ever do ) and I have had several and they have all been good value.
Phil, you could use the 500 kv motor but would need to prop down a bit to manage the current - again, the wattmeter will get you in the right ballpark, prop and cell count wise.

looking again at the hobby king motors the specs seem to be slightly different (ie recomended prop sizes)

these to look about right but I dont know which one to go for can I get some help please.

I think electric would be good for me but I cant afford to buy the wrong gear thanks all

Edited By Phil B on 28/08/2010 13:22:30

Posted by Peter Roberts on 28/08/2010 19:32:02:
Tim its supporting home industry more than buying them from Hong Kong or Japan isn't it as 4-Max is a UK company - and George is great
 Well I wont go into detail, but thats not been my experience I am afraid - and besides, I dont mind paying a little extra to support UK business - but the mark up is quite significant

PPower price - PPO-5055-400 @ £55.50 plus shipping

Exact same motor from H King $30 ( £19 )  + shipping

As for service, I have no complaints about H King