Pulse xt 40

Advert

I saw one advertised with an sc 52 4str,I flew mine first with anThunder Tiger 46 Pro,to powerfull,changes to an OS46 LA very good,now fly with an OS 46 FX which is also very good.Have considered putting an SC 52 in but happy with how it is.I believe the 52 4str would give you more than enough power,Good luck

thanks stephen. i have an old os 46 max which could go in but i fancied a 4 st and i have a kyosho 52 which has been a good engine. i intend to buy the pulse this week to replace my recently totalled super air. all the reports on the pulse seem very good indeed although it is of course considerably more expensive...

Yes it is but the coverineels are better quality.My Sg for a start is far superior and things like whuper Air didnt  get a fair comparison but I love my Pulsed when my first one suffered a radio glitch I did go out and buy a second.This one suffrered a midair with a novice(his model,nott him) but I was able to land mine safely.The wing was badly damaged and the u/c mount suffered internal damage.The wing repaired fine but I havent managedto get the strength back into the u/c mount as yet

I have a Pulse XT40 with a Thunder Tiger GP42 up front. Plenty od power in that configuration - will go vertical beyond the extent that I'm have to let it! So, I guess it will fly OK with a 52 four stroke - but might be a bit limited. The GP42 is spec'ed to put out just 1.1HP. What's the power output of the 52 4-stroke? If its close to this - it'll be fine

BEB

thanks for the suggestions i managed to find one at totem hobbies.should be with me by tuesday. that will give me time to strip ond give it the once overut the kyosho 52 from my kyosho pitts and give it the once over. does anyone see any advantage to glueing the wing together and the tail feathers or are the bolted joints ok?

I have an OS 52 Surpass in my Pheonix Tiger 40 II (wiht an APC 12 x 6 Prop).  Really, it's underpowered (but not as bad as it was with the 11 x 6). 

I'm looking at getting a Pulse 60 and putting an OS 55AX in it (as soon as the money for the horse I just sold starts coming through) and I'm told that that engine should give that model plenty of get up and go.

Considering how light the Pulse 40 is, the 52 FS would probably be fine.

Cheers,

Hugh

• 3 weeks later...
For all of those wishing to install an SC 52 FS engine in to pulse 40 here are my pedantic instructions: first of all reverse the throttle arm so it is vertical , install the engine and arrange the radius of the throttle arm to include the full range of openings, whilst avoiding coming up against either the firewall or the engine cylinder.Then take the stiffest wire you can get away with, and at approx 70mm from throttle end of  wire make a 90 deg bend. Install the wire in its tube so thAT YOU CAN SEE HoW THINGS ARE GOING. Now make a second 90 deg bend approx 25mm from the first at right angles  to the main wire. this shoud take the wire across the top of the engine mount but be low enough  to clear the cowl when fitted.  Make another 90 degree bend upwards approx 30mm from the last. This should line up the wire parallel with the throttle arm and the end can be inserted in to a connector on the throttle arm. Iue the outer hole and oneof those brass connectors wtih the spring steel disc on the back. There is enough movement in the wire to allow for the vertial change as the lever goes through its arc.  You can make fine adjustments using EPA on the tx. Dead simple, flight tested, works well.

• 2 months later...
For Steve Houghton, I built and flew a Pulse XT 40 only on electric and used flightpower 20C 4s 3700 lipos. These were OK it flew beautifully but I would have liked a bit more grunt. One friend started to use 5s another bought a newer 4s lipo with a 30C discharge - made a large difference.

But a lovely plane.

Peter

By the way I also have a Pulse XT 60 - lovelyu plane but don't fly it on 5s use 6s instead. I bought some end of line Flightpower 6600 mah 6s2P and they give 18 to 20 min flights. I've also bought some Hobby City 6s 4900 which are good especially the 25C versions.

I modified the tank bay by removing the throttle cable lug on one of the formers and building some above wing support - strong as houses!

Still like the XT 40 best of the 2. I have a Pulse XT 25 with 4s - that's sparkling but difficult to add and remove the 4s battery.