help with a lipo?

hiya chaps, i have a BRC hobbies 2200 3s lipo, its my best one for my easystar, however today when i went to charge it i found the black wire on the balance lead has came off, any one know how i can solder this back on and where?? thanks , glen .....now grounded

Advert

assuming it's not from the connector end; Totally at your own risk, you will need to carefully remove the shrink wrap from the end of the battery where the leads exit. Don't use a knife to avoid cutting the cells open, use nail scissors. Then carefully peel back the insulating material from the same end. It should be obvious where the black lead has broken off. Strip back 3mm from the black lead, and tin it with solder, you should now be able to solder it to the alluminium tab from whence it came. Reassembly is the reverse of the above procedure. Either rewrap the entire batt with new heatshrink or use some insulation tape. It won't be pretty but should work just fine