Sky RC retracts

I bought a set of the new Sky RC air powered retracts the other day.  The set includes air up and down and oleos all for £79.  As is common these days the parts seem identical to Robart fixtures.  I've installed the set following the instructions and I'm having trouble getting them to work.  The valve has two small screws to adjust the rate at which the legs move.  I can't work it out and the legs either move a tiny bit or only one.  I'm pumping up to 100 psi but without much success.   I've even changed the valve to a Robart one without success.
The units themselves are not binding on anything, can anyone suggest a set up procedure please?

Advert

I've just installed as set of the large Sky RC retracts in a model but as yet not put any real  pressure on them. All i can say is if you can try them on the bench first in case they are twisting when you fit them...i could see that potentially being a problem with mine so went to great lengths to make sure they were mounted nice and flat into the wing. I found just sucking on the up/down tube was enough to get them to work so i'm hoping 100-150psi of pressure will easily get them shifting. You could try just manually working them back and fwd a few times to just take the newness off them. I'd be interested to see how via a photo you fitted yours.

• 2 months later...
Hi Bucksboy
I have been looking online at these retracts and they seem good value. (Ripmax F-SKYRM03). There is not very much info on them. Any chance of replying with some gen? the dimensions would be most usefull.
I'm sure your problem is something I wonder if you have got it sorted.
Regards
Hugh