MPLX easystar

Colin Davies

Advert

I used Plasti-kote from B&Q.  It worked fine but added a little weight due to many coats from my own non-use of a primer (day-glo orange on a dark blue wing is not a good idea...)

so use a primer (even the white Plasti-kote would probably be fine) and then whatever colours you like.  see my profile for my one..
Tim 

Hi Tim. No i did not get your message,anyway i tried to paint  the EZ star today which was not very successful applied the MPX primer let it dry and then went to my LHS and got some Flair Model Paint applied to the EZ star then after about an hour the paint work started to crack all over,anyone got any ideas what caused this the only thing i could think of was might have been the warm weather ?

Colin

Hi Colin
This is the message and my reply - not sure why it never got to you.  Would you check your inbox again please - if still not there I'll ask the admin chaps why

cheers

Tim 

On 11/06/2010 10:56:05 Colin Davies wrote:

Hi Tim, I was very impressed with you photo of the easy star but more so with the paint job, i have got a ez which looks a bit scruffy would you mind telling me what paint you used.

Colin 

Hi Colin - it was Plasti-Kote from B&Q. 
I made a mistake though - I used a flourescent orange on a blue wing (i.e. the old style EasyStar) and it didn't cover easily, 
I'd suggest something like a white primer would be a good idea.  Note the paint job does increase the all up weight a bit - but I've a 2700kv brushless motor in mine so it's not really noticeable.  Still glides very nicely...

Cheers

Tim 

Edited By Tim Morton on 21/06/2010 22:59:00