St Models Blaze EP ARTF chat

Delta Whiskey

Posted by Delta Whiskey on 14/05/2012 16:51:37:

Blaze met a tree on Saturday ! Changed over to a HiTec Optic 6 with a Optima 7 rx in the Blaze from a 35 Mhz FF7 - orginally I had it on a FF7 2.4 Ghz but nicked the RX for a heli, anyway 2nd flight in, suddently lost any radio function at all, and the blaze was getting lower & lower but luckily going around in large circles then caught a tree low down and reachable - thought the lipo must have died, but it turned out ok and was the radio, no surface or motor reaction at all, turned TX on and off and it all came back to life - so thats going to be a SIM TX from now on and back to my trusty FF7's !

Wing ripped from one of it's retaining screws and wing tip badly damage - repairable - but I think I will go out and buy another blaze and fix this one when I get some time or use as spare parts !

The canopy survived though David !

LOL, well you'll have no shortage of spare now DW thumbs upteeth 2

• 1 month later...
Advert

Hi andytav

It comes as a two piece wing that is screwed together using platic plates and self tapping screws.

I left mine together as it fitted into the car in one piece.

Such a good airframe that I've recently ordered another are the first one has seen better days.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 29/06/2012 07:23:22

• 1 year later...

Well, my much flown Blaze fell apart in mid-air today, the front end ripped off, the nose inc motor and plastic "cowl" disconnecting at the motor/esc connections, leaving me with a "slightly" rearward CG Glider.

Took a while to find the nose/motor in a wheat field full of big flints, all of which looked like a nose section!!

Broken prop, prop blade holder, missing spinner, but the motor runs OK and the shaft isn't bent. Got a spare folding prop set, so only need to make a bit of nose belly foam as that wasn't found.

Just about to reconnect the nose and it'll be back in business, HOWEVER.................... I suggest you check the nose security of yours, esp the carbon strip, as the carbon hardly goes under the plastic cowl and the cowl does not overlap the foam by much either............and EPP softens with age even if treated lightly (as this one was).