Trim switch problem - Hitec Optic 6

Pete B

The heading just about says it all

Switched the Tx on tonight and found that the aileron trim only works when moved to starboard - zilch to port. Not being overly familiar with electronics, what is the most likely problem  - a dead switch or perhaps it just needs cleaning?

If there's half a chance I can effect my own repair, I'd like to try as servicing here in France is about two armfuls (and half a leg) of blood............

Advice gratefully received as usual, ta!

Pete

Advert

Its more likely to be a slider potentiometer, or a mechanical lever which moves the actual gimbal potentiometer.  - unless they are digital trims. Sorry dont know the Tx .
If its a digital trim, then yes its a switch, and could be either duff, or simply need cleaning with switch cleaner aerosol...or maybe a broken wire?

Phew, I'm back in one piece - it's a tiny pressure switch to which I've applied some switch cleaner. The external trim tab is a rocker switch mechanism. It's working after a fashion but only if I nudge the tab one stop at a time. If I hold the tab over the switch continues to the travel limit (-50).
I can cope with that for now - if it becomes a real problem then I'll get it off for service.

Pete

Good stuff.
Sounds like a replacement switch may be a good idea though - if you can get one from the distributors you could probably fit it yourself easy enough ?
Try           ModelHelicopters.co.uk

or the distributors AMERANG   http://www.amerang-group.com/index.asp