Replica Spitfire I built

this is the replica warbird spitfire 9. i have done mine as the caroline grace paint scheme as she is now. twin cockpit variant. 56" span with a 91 FS up front she realy does perform well...last flown at the old warden scale event. gary.

Edited By builder_bob on 05/08/2010 11:42:24

Advert

thanks guys. just making some adjustments to the undercart. rakeing it forward more. at old warden she nosed over and then rolled wingtip to wingtip....luckily was minor damage and is all good again....she is covered in brown paper and sprayed...

That's a cracking Spitfire Bob, the top pick really needs a double take to differentiate if from full size, just the two bladed prop to give it away. The kit looks pretty straightforward, but your finishing work, wow!

Reading the build blog just reminded me I should stop spending so much time at the computer and go to the shed where I belong.

Edited By Gemma Jane on 05/08/2010 15:21:56

Great Build, Builder Bob, really looks like the real thing both flying and on the patch. I've seen those warbird kits, but unsure of the quality, looks pretty similar in terms of build as a few of the Galaxy kits i've built. I think what differentiates yours is level level of finish, fantastic.

I like your gas hob method of cutting the foam retracts well out, never thought of that, just been using a razor blade until now. 

My bits arrived in the post this morning for a Brian Taylor 109E at 68" span - looks like a full winter of building! I can almost put the cowl on my head! - I haven't tried, well OK maybe I did when no-one was looking

thanks on the comments guys. i use the warbird colours for all my fighters. hey christian that 109e sounds nice. and i wasnt looking when you tried the cowl on...LOL LOL ...i have the warbird replica hurricane kit to build. am doing it as sea hurrican which is homed at old warden....only because i sprayed everything on it when i was a volunteer worker except for the camo.....at duxford. i love the caroline grace spitfire, which is why i based mine on her.

steve and gemma the kit is a good price and very easy to assemble. i built the fuse in one day.
would best be suited to a 70FS i overpowered mine. my spitty is also now running a 3 blade prop.....for static and flying...gary.