Weds this week was not good for me !

john haz

Hi Guys,

i spend long enough asking questions, so thought it only polite to post some amusement for you all

weds I took my 500 heli, one 450, the lightning, mustang  & mitchell to our local field for a little practice, all started off well throwing the 450 around, then a bit with the 500 until my XT60 plug decided to break while fitting the battery  - no harm done.

mustang motor mount has been iffy for a while & finally came loose, so didn't fly that. 

I then decided to run the mitchell along the grass to see how it handled it - the plan was to shut the throttle if she started to lift.   Well, it did lift & i couldn't resist so gave it everything & she went up a treat.  Did a couple of big circuits & landed it (bit hard but no damage).     I then waited for our club chief to arrive for some moral support, repeated the above & before I got in the air one of the ESC's was smoking like a train !!    New esc's & a ubec on order.

Then decided to have a go with the lightning, took her up for about 7 mins & had a cracking fly,   on landing I completely screwed up & came over my head (BAD !), lost orientation & stacked it very hard          Took it home in 5 or 6 pieces.        Spent all Weds evening with copious amounts of glue. Tried her last night, it flies surprisingly well & will live a bit longer !

Still smiling, they havn't beaten me yet  

Advert