Programming 'DualAileron' on Dx6i

Yorkman

I want to put separate aileron servos in my latest Mossie (I'm having a go at a scratchbuild, but that's another story!).
According to my Dx6i manual, and I quote-

'Dual Ailerons require the use of one servo for each aileron and allow the use of ailerons as flaps or spoilers. This function also allows the precise independent adjustment of up and down travel, and independent sub-trim and differential of each aileron.'

Well, can anyone tell me how?
I have discovered that it's not going to work with the AR500, as the two aileron connections are hard-wired in the rx itself (Why???), but, after enabling Dualaileron on the Tx, there is nothing in the programming to suggest there are now two separate servos to adjust-in subtrim, d/r&expo, travel adjust there is only one 'aile' available for adjustment......????????
Can anyone tell me how this is done, before I rip the Rx out of the York?

Advert

Posted by Hamish McNab on 12/09/2010 18:10:08:
Hopefully an expert will follow on but in the meantime you can try, as I have.  Connect the second servo into "Gear".  In Mix 1, make Aileron the Master and Gear the slave.

That's what I've done now-but my question, without getting a Rx involved even-is how one programs the two ailerons separately once 'dualaileron' is enabled?

I don't have my DX6 with me but do you not just set travel/direction etc for the Gear channel to do what you want with the second aileron? As far as I know it's still a variable even though you can only have it fully on or off via the Tx switch..... I think!

Edited By C Norton on 12/09/2010 18:58:14

You don't need to use Mix 1 if you use Dualaileron. (Presuming you now have a 6-channel Rx and not the AR500 - not being told which really doesn't help!)

Go to Travel Adjust. The starboard aileron is Aile (Ch 2) and the port aileron is Flap (Ch 6). If you want differential, go to Differential and dial in the percentage you want.

It's all in the manual- not that it's the best-written manual I've ever encountered.............. 

Pete

Desperate for an expert to come along but I think "Dual Ailerons" only enables the other connection.  By using the mix the aileron connected to the aileron channel is programmed from that channel and the other programmed from the "Gear" channel.  I have experimented on one model and have flaps working off the "Flaps" switch.  Give it a go and you can spend ages on different combinations.

Edited By Hamish McNab on 12/09/2010 19:00:17

Sorry guys, we seem to have got a bit confused over what question needs answering here!
I understand that 'dualaileron' can not be used with the AR500, and that mixing to the gear channel works (which is what I've done, sorted, so everyone stop posting about that! )

This is what I'm confused about-

Posted by Pete B on 12/09/2010 18:56:08:
You don't need to use Mix 1 if you use Dualaileron. (Presuming you now have a 6-channel Rx and not the AR500 - not being told which really doesn't help!)

Go to Travel Adjust. The starboard aileron is Aile (Ch 2) and the port aileron is Flap (Ch 6).** If you want differential, go to Differential and dial in the percentage you want.

It's all in the manual- not that it's the best-written manual I've ever encountered.............. 

Pete

Not the clearest manual ever....
It's all obvious now-I've just looked at one of my 6ch Rxs-I'd forgotten that it's 'Aux 1' on the Rx and 'Flaps' on the Tx...

Edited By Yorkman on 13/09/2010 07:20:26