Flying Wings V-tail

Huggy

After making a start in RC with a Hobbyzone Cub, I thought I'd like something smaller for occasional use on calm days, on small fields or maybe indoors one day, and built the 27" mini version of the V-Tail trainer from Flying Wings.  Having spent years playing with balsa, I must say, using chunks of foam was something different, but UHU Por and foam-friendly Cyano does make it easy and quick, doesn't it?
      Still working my way round actual radio and electronic installations, I was chuffed to bits when it all worked, and with very little servo movement - and once I'd sorted out how and what should be reversed ahem - it flew from the off and with it's teeny little outrunner motor is quite lively.  And it bounces well!
       Not a bad little 'plane for fun flying, anyone built the bigger one?  Any suggestions as to what might be a good step up from these two once I've got some hours in?

Advert

I still fly my larger V-tail, although I burnt out the original motor when I tried a 3-cell pack on it! Flying Wings now recommend a different motor, and that is the one I now use.

I love flying it up until it becomes a spec in the sky and then gliding about searching for thermals. Get Loooong flying times this way.

I went onto a Parkzone Trojan, although you might need a bit more space than a small field for this.

Cheers Tony.  Been flying the little 'un today, so calm. 800ma battery lasts four or five flights if you don't go mad, total about 12 - 15 mins.  Had some good flights out of a little free flighter with KP timer too, just the job.  Like the look of the Parkzone Extra 300 can't seem to trace the Trojan.  I like foam anyway, it b o u n c e s  nicely