New Phoenix V3 Beta

James M

Advert

Yes, seems to be smoother and the physics seem to be more realistic!

Also has a handy dial that allows you to set your models to beginner, intermediate and advanced - or any where in between - certainly made getting the hang of flying the helis in the sim easier.

Other nice touch is you can make the models larger - max at 200% - much easier to see on the wee screen.

Still wish that more of the switches on the transmitter functioned on the sim without the key presses but I think that is more a limitation on the trainer port on the transmitter than the software.

Best feature is the upgrade is free!!

Downside is that as the software is in beta it is a little bit buggy, but the improvements certainly make up for it.  

I've downloaded it and I wish I had stuck to version 2... I have to turn down the graphics or it doesn't run smoothly. It also likes to crash my computer after a few minutes, so I am going to wait for a few more updates to come out.

On the upside, good on phoenix for making it free, and the "flying buddies" is a good idea. I do wish they would add a duel rates key though...