Cyril Carr Vulcan plans

andy watson

As some of you might know I am looking towards making a Vukcan my next scale build.

I have bought a traplet plan by Graham Dorschell (spelling?) which is done with 2 pushers.  I am hoping to make mine EDF, and the conversion looks tricky.  To be fair the build looks alright, but if you have followed the Stuka/DVII builds you know I would rather make my life more difficult and get it as I want it.

So whilst flitting around doing some research I have found references to some plans by Cyril Carr for an EDF vulcan.  Unfortunately I can't find anyone that sells them!  Can anyone help?

Advert

Posted by andy watson on 17/11/2010 18:21:44:
As some of you might know I am looking towards making a Vukcan my next scale build.

I have bought a traplet plan by Graham Dorschell (spelling?) which is done with 2 pushers.  I am hoping to make mine EDF, and the conversion looks tricky.  To be fair the build looks alright, but if you have followed the Stuka/DVII builds you know I would rather make my life more difficult and get it as I want it.

So whilst flitting around doing some research I have found references to some plans by Cyril Carr for an EDF vulcan.  Unfortunately I can't find anyone that sells them!  Can anyone help?
 Hi , Am Graham , have Vulcan edf plans - look utube     Vulcan edf  airshots .
can email , [email protected]

Hi Graham,

Model looks fantastic - one question though, the fans look as though they poke out from the underside of the model. Is that purely because their diameter was too large to shroud them in, or is it that you need the direct intake as well as the wing leading edge inlet as per the full size?

Ed

Hi , The model is made around my design Vulcan pusher Model World , I have re designed for EDF ,   The fans do stick out a little but improve the fan intake and performance , there in a large cheet duct forward anyway -   look   utube      Vulcan EDF     or   Vulcan edf  build vid   or   Vulcan edf  airshots .    All videos       salem42salem42       in to  utube  search bar . 
I am hoping the text and pictures have been sent to traplet for mr Vangeffin at Model world for publiction .

Email    [email protected]

Not so much speechless- got a call from OFSTED, so I have been stupidly busy all week.

Sometimes I really love the way everyone chips into these threads.  I can only assume someone has passed the fact that I am looking to build Grahams Vulcan, and up he pops ready to help!  Just in case people are wondering, I do know that plan designers don't get paid anything if someone buys one of their plans- so it's all done for love!

He has obviously popped onto the forum to reply to the thread, and I'm not sure if he will be keeping an eye on it- I will email him about some of the questions I have, but will add responses to the build thread when it starts.

Posted by Stephen Grigg on 27/11/2010 20:03:32:
Graham"s Vulcan looks a bit special Andy,and from your pevious 2 build threads,,its a thread build Im looking forward to.With Graham along also itll make it that little bit more special

Sorry guys - been looking on the net to try and find out who has built my design and flow her yet .
ask questions - will reply . Have sent in all materials and pictures to Model World .

• 1 month later...
Posted by Stephen Grigg on 27/11/2010 22:05:42:
Hi Graham,when you see Andy"s build thread youll be amazed there brilliant and interesting.His attention for detail is amazing and you probably already can tell he does a lot of research as he goes along

Wow , Thanks ..  I am seriously looking forward to the new EDF build and thread to get started . Also looking forward to the nice building pics .  Have submitted a write up to Model World of the conversion to EDF from the Traplet wood part set  . I hope that there are better modelers out there that am sure will make their  Vulcan project a better finished , glassed Vulcan .

I'm really looking forwards to starting the build, but I insist on finishing the Stuka first.  Otherwise I will be left with a half built Vulcan and a 99% finished Stuka.  The good news is I was about to update the Stuka blog- apart from adding some lead to the nose it's finished- but with the large number of servos they took an age to set up correctly.

I have had a good read of Grahams build notes, and from the pictures he is very modest on his building abilities.  There are some areas I want to tinker with- as is almost guaranteed with plan builds.  The main area seems to be retracts- I would like them to be scale, but I am also worried about our grass strip and the very small wheels.

Anyway, expect a new thread to start up in the next week or so.

Edited By andy watson on 16/01/2011 21:07:09

Posted by andy watson on 16/01/2011 21:06:44:
I'm really looking forwards to starting the build, but I insist on finishing the Stuka first.  Otherwise I will be left with a half built Vulcan and a 99% finished Stuka.  The good news is I was about to update the Stuka blog- apart from adding some lead to the nose it's finished- but with the large number of servos they took an age to set up correctly.

I have had a good read of Grahams build notes, and from the pictures he is very modest on his building abilities.  There are some areas I want to tinker with- as is almost guaranteed with plan builds.  The main area seems to be retracts- I would like them to be scale, but I am also worried about our grass strip and the very small wheels.

Anyway, expect a new thread to start up in the next week or so.
Edited By andy watson on 16/01/2011 21:07:09
OHHH  ,, well my Vulcan has a tarmac and concret runway , not sure about grass unless its a boaling green ???  I tryed taking to the air at Weaton ,,    no way ?????  wet grass .
I think you should look around for a club with a peice of the black stuff..