batteries in parallel

ericrw

How do you connect lipo batteries in parallel.  eg,I wish to put together a 2s  2500 mah with another one to make a 3s 2500.  Is this possible , even if I increase the mah of the combined batteries by doing so?     I've mistakenly ordered a 2s lipo, when I really wanted a 3s 2500.   The 2s 2500 is not of much use to me and the models that I have !  Eric.

Advert

Sorry Eric, I don't want to be rude, but your question doesn't make sense. The 's' in '2s' and '3s' stands for series (not parallel). Putting batteries in parallel increases their mAh but not their voltage. Increase their voltage by adding another battery in series. a 2s battery is 7.4v, a 3s battery is 11.7v. What you seem to want to do is not simply accomplished.

It does show my ignorance; but no offence taken !  I've always thought the "s" represented the word cell.     Does this make my query anymore understandable ?    Iam wanting to increase the mAh to make the battery power more acceptable to a model that uses a 3cell 3500 mAh battery.  Eric.

Eric, increasing the mAh's will only give you more endurance ie you can fly for longer. To get more power you need to up from a 2 cell Lipo to a 3 cell Lipo thereby increasing the voltage from 7,4 volts to 11.1 volts (each Lipo cell is 3.7v). Sorry I made a mistake by typing 11.7v in my last post. 

As far as I am aware, you cannot buy a single cell Lipo to add in series with your two cells so I'm afraid you will need to buy a new 3s 3500mAh battery.