Aurora 9 buddy box

Mogs

Comment directed at Dave Ashby but anybodies comments welcome.

Dave, I recently bought the Aurora 9 system which you reviewed almost a year ago.

I was wondering if you (or anyone else) has looked into it with regard to using it as one element of a buddy box.  I was thinking about using it with a slave transmitter from the Hitec Zebra range - only four chanel, the distributor say its OK.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Mogs on 13/12/2010 15:26:45:
Comment directed at Dave Ashby but anybodies comments welcome.
 Dave, I recently bought the Aurora 9 system which you reviewed almost a year ago.
 I was wondering if you (or anyone else) has looked into it with regard to using it as one element of a buddy box.  I was thinking about using it with a slave transmitter from the Hitec Zebra range - only four chanel, the distributor say its OK.

Please refer to

Alan T.

Edited By A.T. on 02/01/2011 19:45:43

It's going from bad to worse, and it's all my own fault.

I bought the Zebra (online) on the strength of the OK from the distributor.  So then I drop along to the model shop to pick up the buddy lead, it was pure luck that I explained what I wanted it for instead of just asking for a stereo lead.

Trevor in the shop, said "Be very careful, I think it's wired odd, you could blow your TX".

He rang the distributor for me, and got the reply "We don't know, we'll test it in the new year, ring us then".

Now I've lost confidence.

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the Futuba system, as recommended by the club. 

Edited By Mogs on 04/01/2011 09:42:08