Is anyone familiar with CorelDraw?

Steve W-O

I use CorelDraw 12, have been using CorelDraw since about 1990, version 2.

My mind has gone blank this morning, something I often do, I can't remember how to!

I have a shape I have drawn, and now I want to draw a line inside that shape, 2mm inside, so I will have two parallel lines forming the outline 2mm apart.

I remember a dialogue box where I specified the distance between the lines, but just can't find it.

The files I have drawn before are all on a hard drive I removed from a machine, and it is only about 6C in the room so I am trying to work on my laptop, not keen to freeze while I put the other machine back together

Advert

Posted by rActive on 28/12/2010 18:17:16:
Haven't used Corel since V3. In Illustrator you would offset path.

Thanks, I think path may be something to look at. Have finished the plan now, and managed to do what I wanted.

I never got to using Illustrator, it was too expensive at the time, and the need for a Sparc box for processing added more. We only needed seperations up to A3.

One of the design companies we had been using didn't seem to be able to do any more, so because of cost (city council) we stuck with CorelDraw.  I think for the more "artistic" projects, Illustrator and Pagemaker may have had an edge if you hade the finances. In a way, I'm sorry I didn't look at them, but it is too late now