parts needed and where can you find them

Adrian Day

hey all any one know a good site for parts ?
I.m new to airplane modeling and have never flown - im looking for sites that sell canopies / cowlings ? as i have designed a sporty plane but im looking for a edge 300/540 style cowling also my second model im looking for a canopy thats only 3"- 4"front to back and 3 1/4" wide also of the edge style.
if any one can help i would be grateful

Edited By adrian day on 20/01/2011 12:31:09

Advert

Adrian,
This is not what you want to hear, but if you want to build stuff, the chances of an exact item fitting your model exactly as you want are slim. I was very very very lucky with my stuka that I sourced a canopy that fitted, otherwise I was scratch building one!
The basic fact is that if you can see it in your head how you want it, you will almost certainly have to create/extensively modify- it's just another skill. It's not all cutting balsa!

thanks Richard some very useful websites and threads perfect for what i need all help and ideas for someone like me to take in
i agree Andy have found finding parts that fit my designs are few and far between maybe i should build them around the parts im looking for rather than the other way round..?
i think its a skill thats worth learning have made moldings before its not to hard its just getting the right plastic for the canopy where to find vac forming plastic.. thanks for the advice its all to true..
thank you Marko didnt think about trying them will have a look just hope that i can find something without having to go the long route
.....I will add some pitures of the models i have made not sure what people will think of them but its a start.....