RCM&E goes digital. I wish!

John Trubridge

It would be great if all the past RCM&E mags were stored digitally say on DVD and accessed by Adobe.

I have piles of model mags under beds and in my office. And I don't have the heart to let them go but with room running out this will soon be my only option.

The advantages are obvious in terms of space. But also the ability to access any article on a particular subject through an electronic index would be very useful.

One day maybe but I know it's not practical at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

As most if not all magazines are created on pc these days, i would imagine it would be relatively easy for RCME to do this.

There is an oportunity to either give away a disc as a Freebie containing back issues or sell it to us which is more likely.
There would be some work involved with the software, cover, packaging, etc but i would be willing to pay a reasonable price to have easy access to what i want instantly.

Just about everyone i know keeps back issues and they do get worn or damaged besides taking up space.

The only problem i can see is trying to convince the oldies on here that if your building from a plan you can't go sticking pins in the screen! Ha ha