Kyosho Spitfire 90

Reu

Hi Chaps,
I'm just putting my kit together, but um'ing & er'ing whether I should strengthen the engine mounting area? Any suggestions please. Also I'm planning to fit a 26cc petrol engine... Galaxy in Ipswich are selling one brand at £224 ish. Also, does anyone know of a decent 1/6th ww2 british pilot bust?

Thanks for reading.

I'll post some pics of the progress shortly.

Advert

Hi,

mate of mine has one of these and he has a 26cc petrol engine in it. I'm not aware that he did any strengthening of the mounts but he did have some difficulties with the fit of the spinner if I remember correctly. He ended up having to extend it with a collar.

Based on his experience if I was going to strengthen anything. I'd have a good look at the undercarrage mounting. True we do have a fairly bumpy strip, but not excessively so, and Colin is a fine pilot who doesn't make a habit of heavy landings. But he has had to carry out fairly major undercart reworks at least twice to my knowledge.

BEB

Yes Reu, you have to strengthen the engine area. Mine is powered by a 20cc 4-stroke glow and my friend's model got a DLE 20cc petrol which is more than enough. Another friend of mine is going to power his with a 15cc petrol engine which, according to me, is the perfect choice.
Top picture shows my model and the bottom one is petrol powered. The petrol powered model's tail plane detached after some flights, so be aware. Mine is much slower and lighter too, but I think that the 120 4-stroke is not powerful enough. A 140-150 4-stroke would be a better choice or a 15cc petrol engine.

Edited By Victor Saliba on 16/02/2011 13:29:23

CRRC 26cc Petrol Engines are available from Hong Kong/China via ebay etc for around £140 delivered. I love mine, started first time and its never missed a beat. You will always get differing opinions on this though. I went for the rear carb version so i didn't have any carby bits sticking out the cowl. Ordered it on a Friday afternoon and it was tracked by DHL with a number all the way to the UK on the Monday morning. It was delivered on the Tuesday after i paid the import tax....£6 i think it was. Very happy. Oh yeah sounds great too.