Thunder Tiger eHawk

Purchased a Ehawk and have been delighted how it has been flying. This afternoon I put her up I then found I was having poor elevator control and thought I had lost it a one time so decided to land. As she passed by I noticed the boom was at rather an odd angle which accounted for the partial loss of control.

Put it on the bench and found the pod spigot that the boom attaches to had broken clean off. Inspection showed it to be extremely thin. Compared size with a previous model and it appears the wall thickness should be about 0.70mm when the spigot was in fact measuring 0.33mm in thickness in bits.

Contacted Thunder Tiger importers in UK and since they have had no complaints they will take a note and that is the end of the matter.

Posting this to determine if any others have had this problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

You could try notifying the BMFA via the form on this page...

http://www.bmfa.org/publications/index.html

They say...

The purpose of this form is to enable the British Model Flying Association to collate information on reported faults with ARTF aircraft so that the depth of the problem may be assessed and subsequent national action taken where necessary.

Any model flyer who discovers a fault with an ARTF aircraft is entitled to submit this form but in the interim he or she should exercise their rights under the Consumer Protection Act and rigorously pursue their complaint through the retail outlet they obtained the kit from. If they have suffered collateral damage as a result of a crash, e.g. damage to an engine or radio equipment, they may also be entitled to compensation for this damage.

Please complete this form as accurately and concisely as possible giving full details and photographs of the faults wherever possible. You are required to sign and date the form should you wish it to be included within the survey. Anonymous or unsigned forms will not be accepted.

Phil

Hamish. Quality issues aside I was interested to read your opinion of the TT EHawk 1500. I've not read any reveiws of this model although I know someone who has one but he hasn't even opened the box yet! I think he buys kits when he can and stores them away for later. I've seen pics of it, a V tail pod and boom glider with curved up wing tips, looks good and you get a motor and folding prop in the kit. Is the kit motor powerful enough to give a good climb? In the ads it says the Hawk needs 3 servos, with 2 for the rudder & elevator functions does that just leave 1 for the ailerons? Our local Al's Hobbies has the Hawk in stock but only in the magenta scheme, so I'm quite tempted because I'd like to try flying a glider this year. I'd welcome any info about the model which I like the look of and seems good value.