Dope

kdc

Advert

Yes i have heard as well that cellulose is being withdrawn eventually.But there are alternatives to hand ,most being water based.Ronseal do one which was meant for wooden floors labelled as a varnish.I can't remember what it's called ,but im sure someone will be along soon,telling us what product it is.One thing though,never panic ,there are always builders who find new products for us to use within our hobby..word soon gets around.

vince

• 1 month later...
I've used Ronseal water based satin varnish as fuel proofer over the top of water based paints on my latest model. I don't know how well it woill fare as yet - there is still some finishing to do before fuel goes any where near the model.

I have seen reports of people usoing such varnish to lay up glass cloth moulded items instead of polyester or epoxy resins and most have said it works well. I think Ronseal Diamond floor varnish is the one used for this sort of application.