Multiplex Easy Glider Electric

can anyone help please?

the aileron movement on my plane is about say 1/2 inch up and 1/2 inch down -which differs widely from the instruction booklet. The Rudder and elevators move well - do i need to adjust the exponentials for example on my futaba 6EXA ? -although that futaba booklet says stick ? to 100% which is what i have done or do I need to move the control rods from the servos -but the nuts appear to be lock sealed - can i fly it as is or do i need more help to adjust the ailerons? sorry complete beginner as you can tell -thanks to anyone who can help

Advert

Firstly...

Exponential will NOT adjust the amount of travel, that is a function of, errrr, Travel Adjust"

You need to ensure that travel adjust settings are at maximum in the high rate position, and clevis' should be on the extremne far end of the horn on the servo end, and the extreme inner position at the control surface horn.

Frankly - .5 Inch should suffice for normal flight anyway. The connectors on the servo arms are probably just either very tight to remove, or maybe had a touch of threadlock used in assembly?

Email reply sent.

Forgot to mention though. It's important that the control rod barrel locks on the control horns are free to rotate with the radius arc of the control throw. Just dab a bit of locktite on the thread and don't do the nut up tight.  

• 1 month later...

No Ron, as i said, the position of the rod on the control arm only affects throw, and NOT differential, my suggestion about moving the rods to the extreme end of the servo horn was to increase throw.

Exponential is another thing altogether and is nothing directly to do with throw or differential !

The radio Tr ( If suitably equipped and I fear this model of radio has exponetial setting but NOT differential however, I am not a Futaba man so dont know for sure ) will have a function for applying differential - but you will need a separate servo for each aileron with a flapperon setup in the wing mix settings. If this is not applicable, then using an offset position of the servo horn on the output shaft is the only way to introduce differential.

keep asking if that does not make sense....

Blimey, I am more switched on than I thought!  Just need to have a play to sort it out!

Final question.

Still not sure what to use on Expo as I tend, using Mode 2, to feed in up aileron when am doing certain maneouvers. What Minus setting would you suggest? Also, what would you suggest as an allround setting to soften twitching thumbs?

ron

Oi ! Thats 2 x questions !! 

It really varies from model to model, and of course pilot to pilot.

On some of my twitchier fast stuff such as my Alfa EDF Sabre, I use 75% on ailerons because, being a proper flyer ( mode 1  ) I tend to unconsciously nudge the ailerons as I whack open the throttle for a low fast pass, and 75% negates this tiny movement.

On elevator I have only 20%

Suggest you start with say 40% and take it from there.

PS How dya feed in up aileron ??

Well I only know JR which is of course Spektrum too and they are both POSITIVE to actually apply differential IE: more + means more difference. As you say 'tis the other way around with Futaba, and I would strongly suspect that if Ron is using the 2.4G version ( he doesnt actually say ) it will remain the same.