Retract switch

Tony Read 2

Advert

Not sure there is one - I often have the debate with others, on things like rate switches.
I use a "positional bias" or in other words, if the switch is physically "UP" then my gear is up, and on rates, its likewise....if the switch is UP high, then so are the throws.
With servo reverse function, the user can choose.

I have all my switches set to up for take off mode, this makes it easier to flick all switches to up position before I switch on without any extra thinking required. In your case your gear would retract on switch down.

Cheers

Tom

Edited By Tom Foreman on 08/04/2011 09:47:20

I use exactly the same logic as Tim, works for me but I've had "discussions" about it at the field with others who disagree.

I like Toms default mode too. Thankfully my TX (DX8) will remind me at switch on if a switch is in a bad position. (assuming I set it up to).

Posted by Tom Foreman on 08/04/2011 09:46:42:
I have all my switches set to up for take off mode, this makes it easier to flick all switches to up position before I switch on without any extra thinking required. In your case your gear would retract on switch down.

Cheers

Tom

Edited By Tom Foreman on 08/04/2011 09:47:20

Uh? If my gear switch is down, then my gear is down.

TBH I dont normally bother with rates - I just set travel to the same in both positions, and tend to use loads of expo. On models that I do employ rates, then usually they are in the lower position to start, and I may throw in high rates as the flight progresses.
Mix switches tend to be down - as this represents "normal" flight mode on my DX7
It was your comment that
"in your case your gear would retract on switch down" that I dont get?