CMP 50 size Spit Versus Kyosho 50 size Spit

Hugh Coleman

Having seen heaps on various forums about the Kyosho 50 size Spit, and very little about the CMP version, I have to ask, What's the CMP one like?

The CMP looks to be better scale (A lot better) than the Kyosho, and the wing looks to be more scale in Airfoil. But in photos on the web, the retracts look a bit dodgy (a technical term meaning not quite robust or of acceptable quality).

Does anybody here have one and can tell me of their experiences?

Thanks in advance

Hugh

Advert

Hugh,

Lots of info on RC groups about the CMP Spitfire.

I much prefer the look of the CMP over the Koysho but I can't comment on flying.

I'm looking at buying a Spitfire in the near future too, but the next size up if possible.

I actually got round to ordering my first RC Spit today, and plumped for the Kyosho one. Agreed the CMPro looks better to my uneducated eye, but I found more info on the Kyosho version. Hoping its a bit better quality wood and covering than my old 40 size Kyosho Mustang, which does fly pretty well. Going to be powered by a ASP 61 four stroke.

Well, I have ordered the CMP Spit.
I was so impressed by the discussions over on Rcgroups that I could not resist.

I did not go the nitroplanes route as the freight was 125% on top of the purchase price (No matter what type of freight you chose)...
Funny that, you can get a Basla USA 1/6 scale kit delivered from the States to Australia for $40 shipping and then an ARF from China costs you $160.

There is a local guy (I say local, but he is in NSW and I am in Victoria) Col Taylor Models that stocks it for $220 AU. Support your local hobby shop.

Anyway, once it is here, I may take some photos and post the build.

Cheers,

Hugh

• 2 weeks later...
My CMPro 50 Spit arrived today.

Great little ARF.

A few little tweeks will be needed before I fly it...

1) I'll have to learn to fly well enough.
2) Retracts (as supplied, not much chop, but positive) will be replaced with HK Servo-Less units. I will look at shifting the Wheel wells back into a more scale position as well, though this mat be precluded by the main spar.
3) The Ailerons will be shortened to more scale length and flaps will be added.
4) Oh... a new paint job... possibly a Mark II A scheme.

Cheers,

Hugh