Poor service from Horizon Hobby

The company voted top distributor by this forum has given me
less than top class service recently.
My Spektrum DX6i Tx has been with them for two months to
fix a known problem.

Horizon efficiently arranged the carrier pick up for Feb 28th, it
was picked up a day late but I'll forgive that.
I sent an enquiring email on March 10th, & received a polite
reply explaining that the parts were due in soon & the Tx would be
repaired & returned as soon as possible.

Further email sent on March 29th with a similar reply.
Another email sent on April 26th asking for an update - no reply.

I phoned today & tried to get through to the repair dept. but had no
answer after a few minutes listening to The Birdy Song & Monster
Mash on the hold system.
I tried again later & spoke to someone who said they were busy
& to try later.
No answer to two further call attempts.

The Tx is well out of guarantee & I don't expect a repair free of charge,
but I could do with it back & some communication!
The 6i is, as far as I know, still in production, so why are there
such problems getting spares?

Not good enough really.

Advert

I am usually full of praise for Horizon, and after recently purchasing the new ParkZone P47 and EFlite retracts, it seemed to make sense to buy the pre-bent undercarriage struts advertised complete with Part No on the box lid and in the manual. I could only find one Model Shop website even listing the part and it was marked "Special Order", so rather than place an order with no idea of delivery timescale I rang Horizon just to enquire about stock availability of this part.

I was pretty exasperated to find they had no idea at all as to when or even whether they would have stocks of these in the UK. So here they are advertising and selling models incorporating lists of spare parts that are simply not available. What kind of after sales service is that? I understand from the shop where I bought the P47 that the retracts themselves are also now out of stock at Horizon until July - that's halfway through our flying season here! (Luckily I found some at another shop website).

I always had good service from them until this year when I purchased 3 Losi Micro Rally cars for my nephews (and of course one for myself) at Christmas but guess what Horizion didn't have any spare batteries in stock for them, the response was that they get a special delivery once a week from the US of A and they would be in the next delivery. It was two months later when I finally got the spare batteries and then only half the number I ordered, there is no excuse for selling products without the proper spares backup. One of my flying buddies rang up with a technical question about his DX6i and was talked down to on the phone and made to feel like a idiot., he will never deal with them again. You would think in these difficult times that they would make a bigger effort to ensure they kept your custom. Sounds like they have become a victim of their own success.

Its true, they arn't great with stock of spares, but when they do, there customer service is second to none.

BTW Romeo, I have the P47 with retracts, you don't need the pre-bend U/C, its fine to attach the wheel axel directly to the leg of the retract unit. You'll just need to cut off the excess at the end.

prop.